What is BioTE Hormone Replacement Therapy?
BioTE is a form of bioidentical hormone optimization therapy that uses plant based, bioidentical hormone pellets to treat men and women suffering a myriad of symptoms, all due to lower production of natural hormones. BioTE hormone therapy helps to bring depleted hormone levels back to an optimal balanced state and restore normal body function in people with hormone imbalance.
Our bodies produce hormones that enter our bloodstream and help perform bodily functions. They assist with metabolism, sexual drive, reproductive health, mood regulation, growth, and other functions. Unfortunately, as we grow older, the production of hormones slows down, causing an imbalance or deficit that can trigger a whole host of unpleasant and undesirable symptoms.
You may be a candidate for BioTE hormone replacement therapy if you have any of the following symptoms associated with hormonal imbalance:
- Mood swings and irritability
- Low-sex drive
- Extreme fatigue
- Confusion, memory loss, and mental fog
- Hot flashes, night sweats
- Joint aches and pain
- Difficulty sleeping
BioTE hormone pellets replicate the body’s biological hormones, testosterone for men and testosterone and estradiol for women. These hormones will replace deficiencies and optimize to the best possible levels for your body. These pellets are inserted underneath the skin and eventually dissolve allowing for a constant release of small, physiologic doses that provides optimal therapy 24/7. Standard transdermal or oral forms of hormonal therapy produce “roller coaster” effects of highs and lows. These wild swings result in unpredictable fluctuations in mood and energy. BioTE hormone pellet therapy provides sustained hormone levels throughout the day for up to three to six months, without the “roller coaster” effect.
Administration of BioTE Hormone Replacement Therapy
The BioTE hormones are compact pellets shaped like grains of rice. It takes just a few minutes for these pellets to be placed in the fat under the skin of a buttock in an office-based procedure using local numbing.
Conditions Treated with BioTE Hormone Replacement Therapy
There are many conditions that BioTE hormone optimization therapy can help treat, prevent, or relieve.
- Menopause symptoms
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Thyroid problems
- Growth disorders
Additionally, research studies have shown BioTE hormone pellet therapy to:
- Reduce heart disease risk
- Reduce diabetes risk
- Prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Increase bone mass and lean muscle
- Help in losing belly fat
- Provide a general sense of well being
Benefits of BioTE Hormone Replacement Therapy
Some of the benefits of BioTE hormone replacement therapy include:
- Increased energy level – Having the correct level of hormones in your body helps in regulating and maintaining normal energy levels.
- Balanced mood – For patients with low or deficient hormones, optimizing hormones helps in promoting a positive mood.
- Improved sleep – Having too little or too much hormone can interrupt or disturb sleep. By balancing hormones, normal sleep can be restored.
- Boosted weight loss – Erratic fluctuations in your hormones can make it hard to maintain a standard weight. Optimization of hormones can help in better weight management.
- Improved mental clarity – High or low levels of hormones can trigger brain fog. As you optimize your hormone levels, you may experience normal mental clarity.
- Restored libido – Low hormone levels can cause plummeting of your sex drive. Hormone replacement therapy can help to restore your sex drive to normal levels.
If you have any of the symptoms discussed here, you are a great candidate for BioTe. Take the first step towards better health by scheduling a consultation with Dr Resnik.